Open Enrollment 2019-20
Open Enrollment is coming on May 6 through June 7, 2019.
Employees will have the opportunity to review their current health plans and certain supplemental products enrollments through the BenefitFocus platform.
Although the employee out-of-pocket cost for health plans are not available until negotiations are completed, employees can expect to have the same health plan choices and options as last year.
Supplemental products available on BenefitFocus during Open Enrollment Period are:
- Critical Illness (guaranteed issue for new enrollees only)
- Identity Protection
- Legal Services
- Pet Insurance
- Supplemental Group Life Insurance for family (Health Questionnaire required for any amount)
- Supplemental Accidental Death &Dismemberment
The type of changes below MUST be imitated and completed by the employee on the BenefitFocus platform during Open Enrollment:
- Changes medical, dental or vision plans
- New enrollment in the Medical Opt-out Program
- Enroll, change or cancel supplemental products listed above
- Add/remove dependents
Employees who prefer not to enroll in a medical plan through SBCSS or continue in the Medical Opt-out Program, will receive a monthly incentive amount based on the outcome from collective bargaining/negotiations. Those employees will be required to complete and submit additional documentation. This includes submission of current proof of coverage on a medical plan.